UPCOMING MEETING HIGHLIGHTS:
The decision has been made by chapter leadership to hold an in person chapter meeting on August 8th at hangar 20. At this time it is planned to have a short presentation by Glen Phelps on homebuilt aircraft (particularly Cozy aircraft).
The decision to have an in person meeting was made after a meeting online by chapter leadership which involved reviewing current safety guidelines, both CDC and SCDHEC and setting our own minimums based on those guidelines.
While a meeting is still not considered a necessity we have determined for the life of the chapter that it is important enough to hold a meeting. Please stay safe and protect those around you.
The chapter's minimums for the meeting are as follows:
1. Masks will be required except when eating.
2. Chairs will be spaced to allow social distancing and MUST not be moved around.
3. Food as well as drinks will be served by one person only to reduce the number of persons handling the food supply.
4. Everyone will be required to maintain social distancing (six feet separation) even while outside the hangar and especially while inside the hangar.
5. No hand shaking, fist bumping, hugging, or other physical contact shall take place, except among members of the same family from under the same roof (and we ask that they refrain as well as it will make the rest of us extremely jealous).
These five chapter minimums are not guidelines, they are requirements for attending the meeting based on CDC and SCDHEC guidelines to protect ALL those who attend. Anyone, therefore found to be deliberately (or repeatedly) defeating these requirements will be required to exit the meeting areas.
If you do not feel that you can follow these requirements to protect the rest of us we ask that you not attend this meeting and instead wait until such time as these requirements are no longer necessary. If we have multiple persons disregarding the requirements the meeting will be adjourned and we will all have to go our separate ways and not meet again until such time as these requirements are no longer necessary.
These requirements may sound heavy handed but we are in a time where some people's belief that the protections set up for others are overkill are pitted against those beliefs that there are not enough protections in force. The chapter leadership has decided to weigh in on the side of caution to protect the health and welfare of all involved.
In addition to the above stated requirements a few common sense items will now be mentioned. These are not things that can be monitored by leadership at the meeting and therefore will be up to each person considering attendance to self monitor.
1. If you feel ill, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature, shortness of breath, etc.) Please stay home.
2. If within the last fourteen days you have been in contact with others who might have been exposed to COVID-19 please stay home.
3. Wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and wipe down often touched surfaces.
4. Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and rub hand together until dry.
Hopefully all who wish to come to the meeting are already doing these things to protect themselves and others. We look forward to seeing everyone possible and catching up on some time missed.
It still appears we made the correct decision to postpone any YE Rallies at least until after the new year. With Covid-19 case numbers soaring once again and particularly in younger folks we do not need to subject either them or ourselves to added exposure for something that can wait for a safer time. We will keep an eye on school openings and how that affects the spread of the virus before making any changes to those plans.
We had no meeting in July but In June we had a small face to face re-unite just to see who was still around and missing the normal meetings. We had chairs spread apart at the spread apart tables and chit chatted for awhile until pizza came.
The Start of Walterboro Wings n Wheels Air Show
If you are a pilot and would like to fly some Young Eagles or if you would just like to help out with the flights, contact Lee Miller at email@example.com
For questions about upcoming EAA477 activity contact: Doug StPierre at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about web site functionality contact:
Whether you're a pilot, building or restoring an aircraft, or just a sport aviation enthusiast, we'd love to have you drop in on one of our Chapter 477 meetings! Then if you'd like to join our Chapter you can print and fill out a "paper" membership application here, or use our online form here.
Each month we publish our Chapter 477 newsletter, the "FlyPaper", which includes the information on current projects, plans, and upcoming aviation events in the Charleston area and beyond. You can view and print it here, or if you would like to have a paper version mailed to you, please fill out this form.